NHD Online Registration for Teachers
Unless you have participated in a previous NHD Contest Event during the current school year, and completed NHD Online Registration for the prior Event, you, as the teacher, will be required to enter some basic information about each of your students and their entries, before they can begin registration:
- The name of the school
- The state in which the school is located
- Each participating student's name
- The last four digits of the student's home phone number
- The Category and Division in which the entry will be made
- A basic, working title for the entry (which can be changed, later)
Please be sure to alert your students once you have completed these steps, and remind them that they and their parents/guardians can now begin their part of the NHD Online Registration process. Please note that students will have the opportunity to edit any of their personal and/or entry information once they log into their personal record.
- From the NHD Online Registration welcome page, select the appropriate NHD Contest from the list of available contests. If you don't see your contest listed, the online registration period may not yet have begun for that particular event, so check back again, once the registration period has opened. If you feel this is an error, contact your local NHD Contest coordinator.
- Choose Educator with competing students from the Registrant Type drop-down list, and click the Submit button.
If you do not remember your login information, click the link Forgot your log-in information? under the login area and follow the instructions provided to obtain this information. Please do not create a new record for yourself if you do not remember your original log-in! Instead, contact your local NHD Contest Coordinator if you are not able to retrieve your log-in information on your own.
- Log into the system.
- If you are registering for a contest for the first time in this school year, select the link “Don't have a username and password? Click here to begin...” and then proceed to Step 4.
- If you have previously registered through the NHD Online Registration system during this school year (typically, for a previous round of the contest from which your student(s) are advancing), you already will have created a username and password for yourself. Enter this same username and password on the log-in page to access your student(s) and their entry(ies), which have been advanced to this next level of the contest. Once you're logged in, you can move on to Step 11.
- If you are registering for the first time during this school year because your student(s) have advanced to the NHD NATIONAL CONTEST in Maryland, select the link “Don't have a username and password? Click here to begin...”. The system will ask you to enter your School State, Last Name, and Last 4 Digits of Home Phone number (which your state coordinator has already set up for you) in order to identify your record in the system. Once you have entered this information, click the Submit button, and then proceed to Step 5.
- You will be transferred to your Personal Information form; items marked with a red asterisk (*) are required information:
Once you have completed the required fields, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Phone
- Work Phone
- Preferred Email
- How many students on your campus completed an NHD project or entry?
- Years of experience with NHD
- Are you attending the contest?
- Last Four Digits of Your Home Phone Number
If you do not remember your username or your password, try checking your email, as the system sends a registration confirmation with your username and password to the address you input in the PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESSfield.
- Congratulations! You have completed the first part of NHD Online registration. Next, you will be directed to a log-in page where you will be asked to provide your username and password to continue the registration process. Enter the required information and click Submit to proceed.
- You will now be taken to your Teacher Registration Status Page. Please, take time to read the instructions on the page, and study the requested information. Each field required to complete registration has a red asterisk (*) next to it. As you complete each step of registration, a green checkmark will appear to the left of each item, signifying its completion. (Remember that there may be a few instances where your student(s) or their parents or guardians must contribute additional information, before you will see a green completion mark.)
- If, at any time, you would like to make changes to any of your personal information, such as your preferred eMail address, or your username and password, click on the “Who Are You [NAME]...” link.
- If another teacher is working with you and your student(s), you also will need to provide some information about this person by clicking on the “Add A Teacher...” link.
- Next, select your school by clicking on the “Add a School...” link. You will be redirected to another form, where you will select your school from a dropdown menu. Once you select the school name, you will be asked to either input additional, required information or review the information put in by the coordinator of your contest. The name of your school should now appear below the “Add a School...” link. You can assign yourself to as many schools as needed. If you do not see your school in the dropdown menu, you may add it by selecting the “Don't see your school listed? Click here to add it to the database...” option.
You will not get a green checkmark next to a student's name until he/she has logged into their Student Registration Status Page and completes all of the student registration requirements.
- Once you have chosen or added your school, you can then add your student(s) by clicking the “Add a Student...” link. You will be asked to select the name of the school the student goes to, enter your student's first and last name, and type the last four digits of the student's Home Phone number. Click “Save...” to return to your status page or “Save and Add Another...” if you have more students to add.
- Once your students are added, you may now select the “Add a New Entry...” link to set up your students' entry information. You will be taken to the entry form, which will ask you to provide the following information.
- Name of School
- Category (paper, individual exhibit, group exhibit, etc)
- Project Title
- Student Participant(s) [NOTE: You may select names of up to five students, as this is the maximum number of students that are allowed to participate in a Group Entry in an NHD Contest.]
Once you have completed the form, you can either click “Save...” to return to your status page or “Save and Add Another...” if you have more entries to add.
Anytime you add a new co-teacher, school, student, and/or entry to your record, the person's name or title will appear as a link on your Teacher Registration Status Page. You can click on the link anytime during registration period to edit or add to that person's information, as needed.
- Depending on the particular requirements of your upcoming NHD Contest, you may be required to provide additional information as part of the registration process, such as Permission to Participate. If this is the case, remember to click on any such supplemental links, which will take you to the relevant forms in order to provide this additional information.
- Once you have completed all of the registration items, please click the “eMail me a confirmation of my registration...” button at the bottom of the status page. By doing so, a summary of your current registration, as well as the information you entered for each student, will be sent to your PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS. If you do not receive the summary in a timely manner, be sure to check your Registration Profile, and verify that you correctly entered your preferred eMail address.
- Please let your students know they can now access the registration system and complete their portion of the NHD Online Registration process by logging into the system as a Competing Student. It is also a good idea, from time to time, to log into your Teacher Registration Status Page to see whether or not your students have completed their portion of the registration process. Once a student has completed all of his/her registration requirements via their Student Registration Status Page, a green checkmark should appear by his/her name on your Teacher Registration Status Page, letting you know their registration is now complete.
- If your registration requires your payment of any teacher fees, or if you will be paying for your students' fees . . . Once both you and your students have completed their registrations, you will need to log into your Teacher Registration Status Page and click the green “Ready to Pay? Click to Confirm Registration and Review Fee Summary...” button at the bottom.
- In Step 1 of the payment process, check the small square boxes to the left of each registration item for which you'll be paying. NOTE: You will not be able to pay for any students if they have not completed their part of the registration process.
- In Step 2, review the summary of fees, and enter your payment information.
- In Step 3, print out a copy of the confirmation screen (or, you may choose to print the payment confirmation that is emailed to your PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS). This will show a summary of your fees; be sure to mail it in with your check or purchase order.
- If your students/parents/guardians will be covering any portion of the fees themselves, they will need to pay for those by clicking a similar, green “Ready to Pay...?” button at the bottom of their registration pages, and proceed through the checkout process themselves.
- Once the requisite payment(s) have been submitted, your registration is complete!
REMEMBER: You can log back into your Teacher Registration Status Page at anytime to check on the progress of payments submitted or to retrieve a copy of your receipt.
- To do so, simply click on the “View your payment history...” link, found in the red box at the top of your Teacher Registration Status Page.
- A new window will open, with a list of payments submitted during the registration process. The far right column indicates whether or not your NHD Contest Coordinator has received the payment.
- To obtain a receipt for a particular payment, click on the “Details...” link in the left column, and you will see an itemized list of the fees covered by that payment.
- If you wish, you may eMail this payment summary to yourself, or to others, by entering an eMail address in the field at the bottom of the page and clicking “Send...”.
Back to Top